07 June 2006

want a challenge?

this is from a 15-year-old girl who posted this on her blog after our "one way" worship service tonight at healing place church:

As a Christian, the time that I spend on this earth is not my own. I have dedicated my life to my Father. I want to change the people around me because I live according my Father's business, not the world's.

So why do I waste my life sitting on the couch, watching tv, and obsessing over my image and reputation? Why can't I get off of my butt and do something to make a difference in people's lives? God doesn't want me to spend my life being a lazy grouch.

He wants me to be joyful, patient, and kind. He wants me to love others as I love myself. Stop worrying about my own hollow desires and start focusing on His desires.

Trust me, I've done this before- worrying more about God's desires than my own- and it works. Not only do I make my Father's face smile, but my life begins to be fulfilled and I start to enjoy life. I'm satisfied and happy rather than being empty.

So, tomorrow is a new day. Time is not my own. I don't own my life- He does. I gave it to Him and I'm better for it. He will never leave me or forsake me, so this time I'm not gonna leave Him and forsake Him. Life is too short to waiste on the temporary cravings of the human soul. I'm going to start spending my time on the infinite fulfillments of the everlasting, uncondtional love of the Father.

I dare you to do the same...


i'm in. i'll take the dare. that's really what this "pursuit" thing is all about. thanks for the challenge, tori.

4 comments:

Dave Ohlerking said...

Still water runs deep. You are fathomless.
Pop

Jean Ohlerking said...

our tori.
danny, you and vicki are doing it right. you are great parents. we are so proud of you.
mom

Unknown said...

I'm down for this challenge

Gered Lambert said...

From the mouth of babes...

Awesome! Way to go pops.