09 March 2007

maybe pepsi isn't so bad after all

i coached my son jd's upward basketball team at this past season (to an undefeated record 10-0... yay). the team was primarily 5th and 6th graders but there was this one kid - peyton palma - who is in 4th grade, but was deservedly "playing up" with the big boys.

he's got a great game, great shot, good speed, huge heart to learn... a great kid....

so anyway, after the season, his parents brought me this folder with a free vacation for my wife and me to go to a hotel from just about anywhere in the usa. something to do with his work at pepsi allowed him to get the deal at a discount, but still... thanks palma family. thanks pepsi.



it made me think the other day at the store... maybe i've been too hard-nosed about diet coke. it may be another life-changing epiphane like i had three years ago when i went mac.

i know this sounds like sacrilege to the likes of geoff surratt and dean turner... my apologies....

we shall see.

5 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

...and when you went Mac, everything turned for the worst.

That's awesome about the vacation thing. Where were you thinking about going?

DeanAaron said...

I guess its true everybody has a price.$$$$$$$ Hope you have a good time on your trip. Have a COKE and a smile...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Pepsi AND Mac!

Cajun Tiger said...

Don't do it...mama says Pepsi is the devil!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow.
A free vacation.
You would convert for a free vacation.
This causes me to rethink everything I thought I knew about you, your standards, your ministry.

Wow.