27 January 2006

from my friend in brazil

just got this update email from isaac - working with the campus hpc's got in brazil. if you want a small reminder of why we do what we do, here's a reminder:

Hi, I hope you're doing well. Life down here has been great. This new year has begun in an awesome way, and I look forward to be a part of what God has planned for 2006.

I just got back from a trip to the churches in the interior. I had an awesome time with the people there. I was not able to visit all the churches but the ones I did visit are a blessing. I went to Joy Lake, and spent two nights with them. We had services both nights and gave an encouraging word to the Christians there. As I look back on the trip, I think God was really emphasizing relationship. I got to know the people more. I listened to their life stories and had the opportunity to just spend time with them away from the church setting. It spoke to me more by doing that than to be in front of the church giving a word.

We also had a good time with the believers at Alligator Lake. The church there has a floor now and walls are painted. We are getting real close to finishing it. From there we went to Swamp Lake to dig a well. It took us two days to dig it, but this family finally has a well where they can get clean water from. Without a well, when the water level is really low, the people in this lake dig holes near the dirty water that is left on the lake. The dirt settles and leaves a semi clean water.

One day while we here eating breakfast with the family where we were digging the well, they started telling us a story about
the water hole they used to have. About four years ago, his son drowned in their water hole. He showed me a picture of the little boy who was about 2 to 3 years old at the time. Then the man expressed his gratitude for this well at his house. These wells are not easy to dig, but hearing this man's story and hearing how thankful he was, made everything worthwhile. Lives are being changed.

The church here in town is doing great. We have been doing the 21 days of discovery. It's been awesome. The youth group is doing well also. We are planning a youth camp for the end of Feburary. We are really looking forward to it. The theme of the camp is intimacy with God. So please keep us in your prayers.

Thank you for your prayers and support. May God bless you richly.

In Christ,

Isaac

No comments: