24 October 2006

tobo man

I got this story from a missionary friend of mine named brian burnham - working in papua new guinea - doing aviation work for some way-deep-inside frontline type of missions work. brian's older brother was martin burnham who many of you will remember the story a few years ago of him and his wife being kidnapped by terrorists and martin being killed before his wife gracia was rescued. brian is the real deal.

this story is a huge success story from some of the work that brian and his family have been involved in making happen. i'm celebrating a win for the Kingdom with this.


FOUND

Praise God! Tingon Willy has just become our first Tobo brother in Christ! Yesterday he trusted in Christ. Here is what he said:

"Ever since you taught me that the law was like a mirror (that it was there so that I could see how sinful I really am) I have been thinking about my sin. After my family falls asleep at night, I think about it. On the trail as I am walking back and forth, I think about it. In fact, I even forgot where I was going and ended up in the wrong spot because I was thinking so much about my sin. I kept coming to your house to help you translate the Bible lessons, but I felt that I was just helping everyone else in Tobo to find eternal life, but I wasn't going to be able to find it. My sins were too many and too big for God to be able to wash them away. And I would just go to the fires of hell. I was scared. I used to think Jesus could wash away my past sins, but that my future sins would heap up and then in the end God would just throw me into the fires of hell. But now I see and believe that Jesus took my place as the lamb took Isaac's place and he died just once so I could live. And his blood washed ALL my sins away, and he delivered me from my sin, death, Satan's power, and the fires of hell. I feel like the arrow of my sin that has been in my heart and in my head and giving me pain for all this time has been removed. And I am not afraid. Thank you, this is the first time I have ever heard this talk." - Tingon Willy, 29, August 2006

Please pray that we would have fertile soil as we begin to teach God's Word to the Tobo people of the village of Dengenu in October. Pray that God would have a bountiful harvest.


please join me in praying for this village that i doubt any of us have heard of but that God knows everything about every resident of - and gave His Son to die for.

No comments: